If you ever wonder about the appetizers or starters for a get together or party, then go for this dry baked chicken because you can prepare any kind of marinade of your choice . It may be chinese, Mexican, Indian or American. Just apply to chicken breast pieces or chicken pieces with bones , freeze overnight and then bake the next day. The marinade can be hot and spicy according to the choice. The recipe is very simple and quick. It all depends on the choice of spices you put in the marinade.
If you want to make it vegetarian, then chicken can be replaced with cauliflower.
Time: Overnight(For marination) and 20 Minutes
- 100 grams of Chicken , Cut into small pieces.(You can use boneless chicken too)
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 2 Tablespoons of Curd/Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons of Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoons of Garlic Powder( can be replaced with a teaspoon of grated garlic)
- 1 Tablespoon of Sriracha sauce( Can be replaced with tomato ketchup)
- Drop of red food color(optional)
- 1 Teaspoon of Dry basil leaves( can use coriander leaves)
- Salt to taste
Mix all the ingredients listed under marinade together.
Apply to the chicken.
Refrigerate the chicken overnight.
Next day remove out , arrange them on the baking tray lined with aluminium foil.
Bake at 375 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Remove your spiced chicken and serve hot with any kind of dips or sauces.
Note: The marinade can be prepared not limited to above ingredients but the choice of one’s taste. You can use any kind of spices whether it is Indian, Mexican, Italian, American etc. Also You can adjust Red Chilli powder according to how hot and spicy you want.