Yesterday I was in the mood of cooking something quick and easy and also tasty. I had these Shrimps(Prawns) lying in the freezer thought of trying out this flavorful Indo-Chinese Style prawns fried rice. There are many recipes of prawns fried rice available . Also you can make it out of leftover rice. But I cooked my rice separately in the pressure cooker for upto 1 whistle. This shrimp rice is a great option for any occasion. So follow this step by step recipe of prawns fried rice and you won’t regret for the taste.
Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 Cup long grain rice (Basmati) boiled
- 400 Grams Peeled and cleaned prawns(Shrimps).
- 3 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 Cup(59 Milliliter) Soya Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Small chopped green bell pepper(Capsicum)
- 3 chopped Spring onions
- 1 Small chopped onion
- 2-3 Garlic cloved(minced)
- 2-3 chopped green chilies
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves for garnishing(optional)
Cook rice , cool and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a non stick pan kept on medium high heat and add beaten eggs. Scramble it and cook for a minute.
Remove on a plate and keep aside.
Add remaining oil in the same pan, add chopped green chilies , garlic,Spring onions, bell pepper, onion and fry for a minute.
Add Prawns and cook until they turn opaque. This will take approximately 5 minutes depending on the prawns.
Add scrambled egg and rice into this prawns mix, sprinkle pepper powder, soya sauce, ketchup and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve your tasty shrimp fried rice hot .