Kheer or rice pudding is an Indian dessert mostly cooked all over India. There are varieties of kheer recipes like sabudana kheer,rice kheer recipe,badam kheer,carrot kheer , vermicelli kheer.
Today I am going to show you how to make Sweet Potato Kheer.
Sweet Potato is a good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin B6 and Potassium, and a very good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Manganese. There are many different kinds of recipes available to cook sweet potato. It can be simply boiled using little salt and water and can be eaten .
Time: 2 Hrs 5 Mins
- 1 Small Sweet Potato ,Peel and cut into very small cubes.
- 1/2 Cup (64 Grams) Sabudana /sago soaked in water for around 2 hours.
- 1 and 1/2 Cup ( 356 milliliters) Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Cup (64 Grams) Grated Jaggery.
- Handful of Raisins
- Handful of broken cashew nuts
- Few strands of Saffron/Keshar
- 2 Turmeric leaves for flavor
In a heavy bottom vessel(wok) add a cup of water. After water boils, add sweet potato pieces and cook on medium high heat till they are tender. Check with toothpick. They should feel soft. This will take 2 minutes.
Turn the heat to low and add soaked sabudana and cook for 30 seconds.
Add coconut milk and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Then add a handful raisins and cashew nuts. Add jaggery.
Cook for a minute on medium high heat.
Turn off the stove. Add turmeric leaves and saffron. Let it stand for a minute .
After it cools down, refrigerate it and serve chilled.
Enjoy your Sweet potato kheer or kangachi kheer( Konkani Word).