The Convection microwave ovens are considered as one of the most favourite kitchen appliances for men because it is easy to use, clean and keep. What is more interesting here is that the inventor of the convection microwave oven happens to be a man, Percy Lebaron Spencer: an American inventor and physicist. Hence, the most prevalent humour to this would be the quote, “Microwave is made by a man, for the men who hate cooking but have to cook anyway”.
Indeed, there is no doubt that it is the easiest to use a cooking appliance that has been designed and manufactured in the last century. Now that particular factor is not made on the basis that you can only heat up and prepare the ready-to-eat food or re-heat (many times) what you cooked. If you are interested in trying out some of these recipes you might want to find a good mircowave for it, check out somewhere like https://howtohome.com/kitchen/best-small-microwaves/ and help yourselves.
There is a significant advantage with a microwave that it saves a lot of time, which would otherwise have gone in cooking conventionally. Cooking with a good convection microwave oven is extremely easy for a novice who has never stepped foot in the kitchen or toasted a piece of bread, even.
However, before going ahead to cook with Convection microwave ovens, you must know two things.
1) Microwave Usage: Every microwave is different from another, and they cook differently, depending on their wattage range, which starts from 500 and goes till 1000 and grill microwaves can be useful if you are looking to grill things quickly. However, many microwave models have the built-in sensors which can detect if the food inside has started to burn. But most of the microwaves don’t have such sensors. Hence, do thorough research and go through the various features that would prove to be useful to you.
Also see if you want to use the microwave for cooking complex delicacies or simple ones, for the wattage and temperature specifications along with the cooking time, will make a lot of difference. Thus, knowing clearly what you need and what the microwave will be used to cook would give you a fair idea on what Convection microwave oven you will need to buy.
2) Tricks & Tips: When you are new with microwave usage, you will certainly make a bundle of blunders. There could be terrible disasters which could end in not just spoiled food, but also a lot of cleaning. Thus, knowing the much-applied tricks and fundamental tips would keep the possibilities of unpleasant experiences away. However, some of them are;
– The utensil containing the food should be placed at the glass tray centre, and only the microwave compatible utensils are to be used. Though, it is alright to use cardboard, greaseproof paper and paper towels.
– Do use a bigger dish than the average size if you intend to bake something since the food will expand.
– Avoid metal utensils or containers to cook because they may cause sparks in the microwave.
– Never leave a sauce or thick-liquid in an open dish or utensil because it may spoil, while aluminium foil may not be the best thing to cover the top as well.
There are a plethora of great recipes for excellent food, which can be cooked in Convection microwave ovens. Here are some of them, which you can conveniently cook in a microwave.
If you are a Nutella lover, then this recipe is for you to try. And if you are a novice, then this is the right thing to start with because you will be required to open the microwave now and then to ensure that the cake is done.
The most sought-after ‘sin’ food by the people who love chocolate; a gooey, melting sweet and chocolate delicacy that requires only 4 ingredients and merely 20 minutes to make.
This eggless brownie only takes two minutes, and it is amazing in taste, while it can be consumed right from its mug.
Hard to believe that this Gujarati delicacy can be made in a microwave. But it is true and extremely easy to make. The add-ons give it a good punch of flavour.
A much-favoured delicacy that is cooked slowly in the microwave and uses grated carrot with condensed milk, cardamom, almonds, raisins, two spoons of ghee. All of this and 30 minutes later gives you mouthwatering Gajar Halwa.
The typical caramel custard made in microwave style. With eggs, sugar and milk in the custard, it is a favourite among the children, and even adults would love to have it.
You will be making these eggless cookies with 6 ingredients, which are everyday ingredients, and 15 minutes of your time. A much better alternative to packaged cookies.
Something that the Indians love, paneer tikka, is made of white and soft cottage cheese cubes, which have been marinated for nearly 40 minutes. The cooking takes 10 more minutes and then it’s the perfect delicacy made in a microwave.
This is a spicy chilli infused fish fillet that can be cooked within 10 minutes in the microwave. However, the fish requires hours of margination before cooking so that it might be a bit time taking.
The most ‘Sinful Sin’ that anyone can commit. This is the cake that takes the spotlight in the potluck parties, and it is loved by everyone.
A microwave is excellent if you are living single or alone and love or hate cooking for whatever reasons. The Convection microwave ovens can be picked and used for quick and hassle-free cooking experience. Especially, the men also like to cook, but they are not ready to do ‘lot’ of things in the beginning or end of the main cooking hours. Microwave works extremely well for that kind of nomadic lifestyle. You can always research online for more recipes that are meant to be cooked in the microwave.
This is a Sponsored guest post by Anish Nandalike