Homemade Multigrain Biscuit Recipe / 5 Grain Biscuits
Multigrain Biscuits are Indian cookies which gives you nutrients of 5 main ingredients: oats, rice flour, corn flour, ragi flour(finger millet) and wheat flour. Replacing sugar with jaggery powder makes it more healthy choice.
Here I come with yet another healthy and tasty snack for kids: Multigrain Biscuits or 5 Grain Biscuits . These are just melt in mouth eggless biscuits which will vanish from your baking tray as soon as you bake them . So better bake a ton in advance. Just my advice. 🙂
Though I have used 45 grams of each ingredients, they can be replaced by any other flour of your choice but the total quantity of 5 dry ingredients should remain the same. Next time I am planning to skip sugar and add jaggery powder .
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Baking Time : 15 Minutes
Yields :40-45 Cookies
- 45 Grams Wheat flour
- 45 Grams Corn flour
- 45 Grams Ragi flour
- 45 Grams Rice flour
- 45 Grams Oats
- 15 Grams Milk Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 150 Grams Marvo
- 100 Grams Powder Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mava essence
Beat marvo for few seconds . Then add sugar and beat till its light and fluffy.
Add mava essence and beat for few more seconds.
In a separate bowl, take all 5 grain flour and mix.
Add them in marvo mixture along with milk powder, baking powder and salt.
Beat the mixture well on slowest speed till everything is mixed well.
Using hands, just assemble everything to form a dough.
Using cookie cutter of your choice, cut the cookies and place on a tray lined with parchment paper and bake in preheated oven (284 degree Farenheit or 140 degree celcius) for about 15 minutes.
Once baked , place them on cooling rack .
Store in air tight container once cooled properly .
Yields 40-45 pieces
15 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 250 Grams All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 75 Grams Powder Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Powder(Made out of roasted cumin seeds)
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 40 ml Oil
- 125 Grams Marvo
- 75 Ml water
- In a bowl, take water oil, powder sugar and cumin powder .
- Mix them together.
- Beat marvo in a bowl and add in salt and beat again for few more seconds.
- Add the prepared cumin mixture in beated marvo and beat till everything is mixed. Don't overmix.
- Add flour gradually beating at low speed to prepare a dough.
- Take the batter in a piping bag with star nozzle attached.
- Pipe out on a tray and bake in a preheated oven at 140 C (284 Farenheit) for about 15 minutes .
- Remove out and arrange on cooling rack.
- Store jeera biscuit in air tight container once cooled properly .
You might also like:
Eggless Cumin Cookies / Jeera Biscuit Recipe
Homemade Hide and Seek Biscuits
Homemade Multigrain Biscuit Recipe / 5 Grain Biscuits — 18 Comments