The main ingredient in Thai Green Chicken Curry, is Coconut milk. This aromatic Thai Green Chicken Curry goes well with steaming rice.
If you are a fan of Thai Food, then I am sure, you must have tasted different Thai curries. They are usually named after the colors they have like red, green and yellow. Of course, there are other types of Thai Curries like Jungle curry, Massamam, Panang Curry, etc.
Thai Curry is one of my husband’s favorites and I always wanted to try it out at home. The main ingredient in this fast, delicious and versatile curry, is Coconut milk with chunks of veggies and chicken or fish slow cooked over stove top. It is very aromatic, sweet and savory and goes well with steaming rice.
Green Curry gets it’s color because of green curry paste. You can prepare it at home using cilantro roots or stems and green chillies or buy the instant Green Curry Paste from your local asian grocer. But if you are buying, make sure you buy good quality paste with authentic flavor.
You can add any veggies like, carrots, spinach, mushrooms etc.
Try not to skip any ingredient in this recipe if you really want to enjoy the Authentic flavor of this Thai Green Coconut Curry.
- 1 Pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons cooking oil(I used Olive Oil)
- 2 Tablespoons green curry paste( You can either prepare at home or buy at Asian Food Aile in your supermarket)
- 2 Green onions , chopped
- 3 Cloves garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 Teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Cups coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon fish sauce( You get it in Asian Food Aile in your supermarket)
- 1 Vertically Thinly sliced red Bell Pepper
- 1 Finely Cubed Carrot
- Chopped Cilantro leaves, for garnishing
[jetpack_subscription_form title=”Get the recipe updates via email ” subscribe_text=”” subscribe_button=”Sign Me Up” ]